The Buckhorn Cap from Fancy Tiger Crafts is an excellent introduction project into stranded colorwork knitting. It knits up quickly on size 11 needles, which makes it the perfect weekend project. Working with two yarns, you can choose which color acts as the base and which creates the small cross pattern...there's enough yarn for both! When completed, this hat measures 22" in circumference and 9" from brim to crown.
Just a tip: if this is your first time knitting with two colors, try knitting this inside out, as suggested by Debbie Stoller in an excerpt from one of her books.
Included in this kit:
- Buckhorn Cap printed pattern
- 2 skeins Cascade 220 (one of each color)
- size 9 circular needles, 16”
- size 11 circular needles, 16”
- size 11 double pointed needles